1. Absence of trust # Fear of being vulnerable with team members prevents building of trust within the team. # Go first.
2. Fear of conflict # Desire to preserve artificial harmony stifles the occurrence of productive ideological conflict. # Mine for conflict.
3. Lack of commitment # Lack of clarity or buy-in prevents team members from making decisions they will stick to. # Force clarity and closure.
4. Avoidance of accountability # Need to avoid interpersonal discomfort prevents team members from holding one another accountable for their behaviors and performance.
5. Inattention to results # Pursuit of individual goals and personal status erodes the focus on collective success. # Focus on collective outcomes.